Breeders’ Cup World Championships
When: Friday, November 3 – Saturday, November 4
Where: Del Mar Fairgrounds
The summer race season in Del Mar has come and gone, but one of the premier events of the year is just beginning. The 34th annual Breeders’ Cup is making its first appearance in Del Mar and anticipation has never been higher. The nationally televised, two-day competition brings together the top thoroughbreds from around the world to decide once-and-for-all who will be the racing champion of 2017. The weekend’s main event is the $6 million dollar Breeders’ Cup Classic. This is truly a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
Carlsbad Fall Village Faire
When: Sunday, November 5 | 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Where: Carlsbad Village
The largest one-day street festival in the nation returns this month as more than 100,000 people are set to descend on Carlsbad for the 41st Annual Fall Village Faire. The event will feature over 850 unique vendors selling clothes, art, and everything in between. An international food court will host over 50 booths and the Rotary Club beer and wine garden will have live bands entertaining guests throughout the day. In addition, the children’s area will have games, a rock-climbing wall, face painting, and so much more. Don’t miss out on this awesome event that is fun for the whole family!
San Diego Beer Week
When: Friday, November 3 – Sunday, November 12
Where: Full List of Participating Breweries
San Diego has long been known for two things: beautiful beaches and unbeatable weather. In 2016, that list got a little longer as America’s Finest City was dubbed the “Craft Beer Capital of America.” For the ninth year in a row, the city will pay tribute to everyone’s favorite adult beverage and celebrate this illustrious award with 10 days of beer.
San Diego Beer Week kicks off Friday, November 3rd and continues through Sunday the 12th, with events throughout the county. From the Brewer’s Guild Festival to food pairings and various tastings, there is something for all beer lovers. Ticket prices and other event information can be found at sdbeer.com.
Holiday Events and Celebrations
Veterans Day (Saturday, November 11):
- Poway Veteran’s Day Ceremony
- San Marcos Veteran’s Day Ceremony
Thanksgiving (Thursday, November 23):
- O’side Turkey Trot 5K – the 12th annual iteration of this great event will take place once again in Oceanside after being noticed as one of the “top trots in the country” by Runner’s World Magazine.
- Running of the Turkeys 10K Trail Run – a free run to burn some pre-turkey calories while taking in the scenic Penasquitos Canyon.
- Father Joe’s Villages Thanksgiving Day 5K – for the 16th year in a row, Father Joe’s run will help provide 1 million meals per year to the homeless population of San Diego.